Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ironman Texas and You!!!

Ironman Texas is getting Closer every day and I couldn't be anymore excited. A couple of friends and family members have actually asked me how they could help me out during the race. After explaining that any on-course assistance would actually get me disqualified... I had an idea. Why not provide an opportunity for people to participate in the Ironman with me and change someone's life in the process. Every year, my wife and I volunteer at a summer camp that has changed the lives of literally hundreds of young people. I wouldn't miss it for the world. In fact, as soon as I finish Ironman Texas we will switch gears and go into full on camp-mode and start getting ready to minister to the hundreds of junior high and high school students that will be traveling to camp 220. Twotwenty.org is a non-profit organization that hosts youth groups from churches all over the southern United States and presents the gospel of Jesus Christ in an environment of worship and prayer. The kids come from all walks of life and many are unable to cover the complete cost of tuition but truly have a great desire to attend. If a kid wants to go to camp where they have the opportunity meet their savior and change their lives forever, they will not be turned away. That is where you can help. Your donations can help cover the cost of tuition for the dozens of kids each year that are unable to pay their way. I would like you to sponsor one or more of the 141 miles of my Ironman. I am running this Ironman for the glory of the Lord, and as a symbol of the well run race. Each mile represents an obstacle in this life and how with persistence and training; victory is a reality through Jesus Christ and it is available to each and every one of us, and each mile is an opportunity for you to get involved. Purchase one or more of the miles of the Ironman course I will be running on May 21st and not only will you be providing motivation for me as I run this epic race, you will be providing an opportunity for a young person to get the tools to run this race of life with passion and persistence.
I am offering three different levels of participation. Here is the break down.

Swim leg sponsorships (2 miles - two full sponsorships available - this represents 2 students)

Mile 1 - 2: 2 sponsorships available @ $290 each

Bike leg sponsorships (112 miles - 112 partial scholarships available @ $25 ea. - 10 students)
Mile 3 - 115 - 112 sponsorships available @ $25 each

Run leg sponsorships (26 miles - 26 partial scholarships available @ $145 ea. - 13 students)
Mile 116 - 141 - 26 sponsorships available @ $145 each

So visit Twotwenty.org and send in a donation with a note that says which miles you want to sponsor (first come first serve), and include an inspiring message for me to carry with me on race day. Feel free to contact me if you want more information on how to donate. I will post the list of sponsored miles right here on the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, I did send in my sponsorship for the first leg of the swim. Hope it's not taken yet.

    ReplyDelete