Monday, March 29, 2010

LBS part 3

I took my trip to Webster Bicycle and loved every minute of it. Of course the 1 1/2 hour drive there was full of excitement because I'm about to have my first encounter with what I hope is the answer to all my LBS (local bike shop) woes. The trip back was just as pleasant because my excitement was not met with disapointment. I enjoyed every second I spent. Webster Bicycle has everything a bike enthusiast could want, from BMX to a sweet single speed. Part of the fun in purchasing a bike is dreaming... looking at what is possible (much like visiting a ferrari dealership), and thinking to your self, "maybe someday." There were plenty of those kinds of bikes too. But not only bikes, they had a wall of shoes, racks and racks of clothes, wheels, tires, and tons of gear. I walked in and was immediately met with a smiling face. I introduced myself and Terry immediately recognized me from the phone, went to get my order, and I placed my deposit for my Cannondale Slice 5. Step 1 complete. Sure that was exciting, but the cool part was what happened next. He let me and my buddy hang out and chat him up for the next hour. I got an education on shimano's custom fit shoes, Terry explained the ins and outs of the BB30 sytem (Cannondales' proprietary bottom bracket design), I witnessed a personal bike fitting, and (last but definitely not least... actually, probably most importantly) I got to meet the owner. I'll explain the importance of each of these things as far as how they affect clydesdales in LBS part 4... I've got pictures and everything.
Spring is here... go do something.
Soulrider.

No comments:

Post a Comment