Monday, November 29, 2010

The Waiting Game

After taking about a month off of training, you can probably imagine, I'm ready to get back at it. The Ironman is steadily drawing nearer and I'm not making any fitness progress sitting around the house. And right when I think it's about to get better... I start mixing in some quality 20 minute workouts and light strength training... then... I get yet another setback. I started having some strange stomache cramps with body aches and fever after my workouts. I stop working out... again... to make sure it's just a bug and give it time to pass. But it doesn't pass. So, two weeks later, I go to the doctor... again. This time the doctor sends me straight to the emergency room. Four hours later I'm changing into a surgical gown and getting prepped for surgery. Now... two weeks later (minus my appendix) I am about to crawl out of my skin. The doctor says I need to wait yet another couple of weeks before I start working out again. This is going to be brutal... I can't wait to feel the pain of training again.

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Teach me Lord to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment